bean curd recipe
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g ( 7 oz ) firm tofu, cut into 1 ½ -cm ( ¾ -in ) Thick sliced
- ¼ teaspoon grated ginger
- 10 fresh Chinese or shiitake mushrooms, whole or halved
- 1 medium carrot , sliced ( about 1 cup )
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 60 ml ( ¼ cup ) chicken or vegetable stock ( made from fresh stock or stock cubes )
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cornflour stirred into 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
how to cook mushroom braised bean curd
- heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a wok and try the tofu until both sides are golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side, Remove from the wok and drain.
- in the same wok, heat the remaining 1 tablespoons of olive oil, Sprinkle in the salt and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Carefully add the tofu, then sizzle in the wine, pour in the chicken or vegetable stock , soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar pepper and cornflour mixture, mix carefully, then cover and simmer aver low heat for 15 minutes. Pour in the sesame oil, mix well, then serve hot.
Preparation time: 20 Min's
Cooking time: 30 Min's