Apricot Chutney ingredient
- 2 lbs (1 kg) apricots, halved and pitted
- 2 cups (500 ml) brown sugar
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup (185 ml) sultanas
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) coriander seeds
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) ground ginger
- 1 cup (250 ml) white wine vinegar
how to make apricot chutney
- Simmer all ingredients together until apricots are soft - about 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer apricots to warm, sterilized jars.
- Boil rest of chutney until it is thick and syrupy. Pour over apricots. Seal.
NOTE: Peaches may be subtitled for apricots.