- 2 ¾ lbs (1.25 kg) Feijoas
- 2 lbs (1 kg) apples, cored
- 1 lb (450 g) guavas
how to make jelly
- Cut up all fruit roughly. Cover with water. Boil for 1 hour or until mushy.
- Push through a sieve, or strain through a jelly bag or cheesecloth overnight.
- Measure juice. Allow 3/4 cup (185 ml) sugar to each 1 cup(250 ml) of juice. Bring juice to a boil and add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Boil rapidly for 10 minutes or until a few drops tested on a cold saucer wrinkle when touched.
- Pour into warm, sterilized jars. Seal when cold.
MAKES ABOUT 6 CUPS (1.5 L)